Compliance Coordinator – Day Shift
NLB Corp. has an immediate opening for a team-oriented, outstanding individual as a full time day shift Compliance Coordinator at our Wixom, MI headquarters. This person will perform a variety of duties to ensure compliance with U.S. customs Regulations, international trade, environmental, terms and conditions, and DOT regulations. Associate will be working with other NLB departments, outside agents, forwarders and customs brokers.
The job requirements include:
- Legal background preferred.
- Understanding of Customs Border Patrol Regulations.
- Research international trade, environmental, and DOT regulations, among others, to determine if NLB is compliant; put plans into place to be compliant.
- Responsible for classification and valuation of merchandise under the Harmonized Tariff System.
- Create and/or maintain regulation manuals.
- Train and assist on importing and exporting issues.
- Review and edit purchase order terms and conditions.
- Familiar with Tier 4 Engine compliance a plus.
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Familiarity with freight forwarding/NVOCC business;
- Create and retain necessary documentation for compliance with U.S. Customs Regulations (e.g. Commercial Invoice, Country of Origin Certificates and HTSUS Codes).
- Understanding of INCO terms and export transportation;
- Understanding of U.S. Customs and Border Patrol Regulations;
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn an ERP computer system.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required.
- A continuous pattern of regular and prompt attendance is required.
- Must pass pre-employment physical including drug screen.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications, please forward your resume and salary wage requirements (required for consideration) in confidence to our Human Resources Department.
NLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
No phone calls please.
Job open until filled.