Human Resources Generalist
NLB Corp. is the world’s leading manufacturer of high pressure water jetting equipment. Precision engineering and manufacturing, production efficiency, and diesel engine optimization are just some of the processes that drive our technically advance products. Our NLBelieve Culture is the fuel that drives our company.
Our Culture is our life blood. Every Team Member is expected to practice Safety, Responsiveness, Reliability, and Efficiency. What we build is cool equipment. What we offer you is a future.
Our company is searching for a qualified individual to join our Human Resources Department as a Human Resources Generalist located at our Corporate Headquarters in Wixom, MI. This highly visible position is responsible for a wide range of human resources functions such as managing employee benefits and leaves of absence for both hourly and salaried employees; must have working knowledge of processing multi-state hourly and salaried payroll including using an automated time and attendance system; must have experience managing medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401K benefit programs; experience with recruiting for both hourly and salaried positions; experience with worker’s compensation; enforcement of policies and procedures; planning company appreciation events; knowledge of a multi-line phone system, and is the main point of contact regarding payroll and benefit questions and issues. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. May need to travel occasionally to out-of-state branch locations. This person will report to and work closely with the Human Resources Manager.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Maintain a positive employee relations environment by providing guidance to employees and assisting in the resolution of employee concerns by utilizing available resources.
• Ensures timeliness and thoroughness of weekly payroll.
• Assists in ACA compliance and reporting.
• Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollment to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
• Assists both hourly and salaried employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
• Enrolls employees with benefit carriers and processes life status changes.
• Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
• Manages manual entries with benefits website for all vendors in the group.
• Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork.
• Administrator for all employee benefit programs such as self-insured medical, fully insured dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending, and more.
• Process 401K related items (general questions, loans, distributions, withdrawals, pay-offs-rollovers, QDROs and files) and responsible for 401K audits with vendor.
• Responsible for month end, quarter end, and year end reconciliations for Accounting Department.
• Assist with recruiting for both hourly and salaried positions.
• Assist in internal investigations for workplace harassment/discrimination concerns.
• Investigates worker’s compensation accidents/injuries and report any incidents at monthly Safety Committee Meetings.
• Plans company social activities.
• Back-up for receptionist greeting customers and answering a multi-line phone system.
• A continuous pattern of regular and prompt attendance is required.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/Business Administration or related field, but experience may be substituted for the education.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in an HR Generalist role along with strong problem solving ability.
• PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SCP preferred.
• Ability to handle heavy administrative functions.
• Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
• Must be proficient in MS Office (Word & Excel & Outlook).
• Familiarity with Paycor web based payroll system including Payroll, HR, and Time and Attendance or similar web based payroll system required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience processing multi-state payroll for hourly and salaried employees and experience using an automated time system and HRIS system required.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
• Must understand and abide by the HIPAA Privacy rules.
• ACA and FMLA knowledge preferred.
• COBRA knowledge required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work activities while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Ability to work accurately with numbers and attention to detail.
• Prior experience in the areas of self-insured and fully insured benefit plans preferred.
• Experience using a multi-line phone system preferred.
• Prior experience with worker’s compensation and OSHA logs preferred.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with co-workers, and deal with colleagues effectively and professionally.
• Must pass pre-employment physical including drug screen.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
NLB offers a highly competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid personal/sick, paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plus company match, profit sharing and more.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications please apply using the link including salary wage requirements (required to be considered).
NLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.