Buyer – Manufacturing – Day Shift
NLB Corp. is the world’s leading manufacturer of high pressure water jetting equipment. Precision engineering and manufacturing, production efficiency, and diesel engine optimization are just some of the processes that drive our technically advance products. Our NLBelieve Culture is the fuel that drives our company.
Our Culture is our life blood. Every Team Member is expected to practice Safety, Responsiveness, Reliability, and Efficiency. What we build is cool equipment. What we offer you is a future.
NLB Corp. has an immediate opportunity for a BUYER at our world headquarters in Wixom, Michigan. This person must be an extremely high energy individual who has the ability to perform in a very fast-paced environment.
As a Buyer, you will perform purchasing activities, provide support to the purchasing team and assist in securing purchased items to ensure NLB meets its goals of on-time shipping and complete customer satisfaction. Act as liaison between purchasing and the planning team. Buyer is responsible for sourcing (obtaining quotes and finding new suppliers), negotiating prices/contracts independently for production and MRO items, placing orders and expediting. In addition, this position will follow up on orders, work quality issues and investigate late shipments. Pursue production material deliveries to meet customer demands and proactively communicate with staff members the status of those material deliveries. Act as the information resource to all NLB staff members.
• Review material requirements for the purpose of ordering materials to support production and customer requirements.
• Prepare bid packages, perform competitive bids, negotiate cost and delivery, evaluate / analyze bids to determine sourcing and economical order quantity.
• Follow up on orders to ensure supplier quality and on time delivery.
• Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance and inventories.
• Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine need for changes.
• Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services and prices
• Act as a liaison between purchasing and production planning; communicate regularly and proactively on the delivery status.
• Perform returns to the suppliers
• Address non-conformances with suppliers, determine root cause and implement corrective action
• Other duties as directed or assigned
The qualified candidate must have the following Education/Experience/Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years related experience highly desired
• Experience with production systems, procurement, engineering processes, expediting, MRP/ERP systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices and MS Office applications is highly desired
• Proficient experience with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and Access is preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Self-starter, highly motivated, requiring minimal direct supervision
• Strong negotiating and solid decision making skills
• Ability to determine the appropriate level of urgency to address critical issues
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
• Solid analytical skills
• Strong organizational and detail oriented skills
• Excellent written, verbal skills, along with the ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
Candidates meeting the above qualifications, please forward your resume and salary wage requirements (required for consideration) in confidence to our Human Resources Department
Please no phone call inquiries.
NLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
Job open until filled.