The NLB Bi-Mode valve is an integral component of many of our UHP water blasting tools. It performs multiple roles. First and foremost it is a “dump” valve, that when actuated, directs the flow of high pressure water to the tool. Once the trigger on the tool is released, the valve on the BiMode opens, and the pressure in the hose between the tool and the valve returns to near zero. An added benefit of this is that it can reduce the flow of excessive water directly into the workplace by dumping unwanted water in a remote location.
In addition to being a dump valve, each Bi-Mode and its paired tool can run independently of each other off of the same UHP pump unit. The valve operates at ultra-high pressures up to 40,000 psi (2,800 bar) and flows up to 10 gpm (37.9 lpm). It includes an air filter, regulator, and lubricator for the tool’s air motor operation. To operate two tools at once, simply connect another Bi-Mode valve and tool to the system, using a CM13027 “Y” adapter. A SW-40K-35-6 whip hose assembly is required to connect each tool to a Bi-Mode valve.
The field repairable NLB8488 can significantly improve UHP system productivity. It uses a quick-change cartridge valve that is similar to our 286 series lances and foot controls. User-friendly features include:
- More reliable and easier to maintain with the new quick-change cartridge design
- Compact, rounded frame provides easier carrying
- Interchange between single and dual-tool operation with a simple “Y” adapter, nozzle change, and second bi-mode valve
- Valve contains air filter, regulator, and lubricator for hand lance air motor lubrication
- Rated for ultra-high pressures up to 40,000 psi (2,800 bar) and flows up to 10 gpm (37.9 lpm)
- Stainless steel quick-change cartridge (BM24521)
|Max. Pressure||Inlet Connection||Outlet Connection||Weight||Max. Flow||Quick Change Cartridge|
|4,000 psi (2,800 bar)||1-1/8" - 12 UNF||9/16" - 18 Male||55 lbs. (25 kg)||10 gpm (37.9 lpm)||BM24521|
Whip Hoses help protect hand lance operators from potentially dangerous hose failures.
When operators have both hands busy, a foot control valve lets them control the water flow.
NLB carries a wide range of hand lances for all popular operating pressures.